Thursday, November 22, 2007

Royksopp - a group you didn't know you knew.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Royksopp is a Norwegian duo whose music inspires your soul toward pure poetry. Their music has been licensed by Apple, T mobile, and most recently by Geico, their song "remind me" is the one song in the background of the Caveman commercials. So like a previous band I have shown you (The Knife) they are everywhere, we just don't know who they are. And my aim is to change that - if I was to describe the genre they might be paced in, I would be stuck here for hours trying to describe it. Sort of a electronic/trance/down tempo/new wave/synthpop/dark wave music group. Give them a listen - watch these videos they make that you find yourself getting entranced by. Thanks
They are also on the | Astralwerks | record label, the same label that started out Underworld, The Chemical Brothers, and many other electro acts from the early 90's, such as the Orb, and Orbital.
Mr. E
* The original what else is there song has karin from the Knife singing.
| Official Page | Wiki Entry | My Space |

Here are some songs for you check out, | What else is there (thin white duke remix) | What else is there (Original) | Triumphant | night out | sparks | Remind me (James Zambiela Remix | Remind me (Original) | poor leno | Only this moment (Awesome song) | Circuit breaker | rainbow Styling | Night out |

remind me video :

My favorite "What else is there" :

Remind me, the Geico Version:

What else is there (live at Glastonbury 2005) :

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEST BAND EVER. If you call Royksopp's "Sparks" a masterpiece, it's an understatement.
I urge anyone reading this to go listen to it.

August 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home